Thursday 25 June 2009

Surreal



c is in the living room twirling a bow (as in and arrow) around his head then aiming it Jedi style.

Me: Are you a Jedi?

C (continuing Jedi Majorette moves) Well, the Jedi do do this.

Me: You look a bit like the squirrel on Ice Age. Ninja Jedi

C: (Earnest face) Actually I am the most gymnastic boy in my class.

Me (silent. I strongly suspect this is not true)

C: well anyway I am more than J. J can't even do this (drops down to touch the back of his feet through his bent legs)

Me: Why would you want to do that?

C: Mrs H said we had to pretend to be a bean because we are doing Jack and the beanstalk. This is what I did (in role as bean. creeps earnestly along the floor then begins to grow) Then she said 'freeze' (He freezes in a contorted beanstalk position)


I sigh. It has been a long day. Myrtle is on roller skates in the kitchen throughout this exchange. Mo looks from one to the other riveted, then falls backwards on the floor and puts his legs in the air. I know how he feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment