Tuesday 23 June 2009

Saving up.
















C (we can't agree, he and I, on his blog name so he must remain an initial) still can't cut into his lovely tissue paper collage so it is complete, like stained glass, on his window for the evening sun to shine through. I know how he feels. On the rare occasions that I buy new dresses they hang in my wardrobe for months waiting for me to take a deep breath and wear them, and beautiful fabric matures gently behind the glass of my sewing cupboard . But brave Myrtle made a fish template, drew around it in thick black pen on her precious creation and cut it out, so bright fishes are dancing on our kitchen windows held in place with blu-tack eyes. The scraps became wings for a flying scarecrow entered for this weekends competition at the last minute . It turns out we have been making a scarecrow all year, though we didn't know it. Saved treasures came together quickly once we had dreamed him up; a papier mache head, made with C while I was pregnant with Mo has been waiting bodiless, home made clothes have been languishing on forgotten dolls, torn sheeting has been lying at the bottom of a rag bag. He flew above our gate in the rain under a large yellow umbrella. The chocolates we won for him (third prize!) are in the cupboard awaiting their moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment