Monday 23 March 2009

Mothers Day







Motherhood is feeling pretty overwhelming for me at the moment. The pictures in my book help me every day. I can't remember a time when I didnt keep a book like this full of collages that inspire me. Its full of torn magazine pages, scribbled lists, telephone numbers, recipes and usually bulging with bits and pieces in the cover pockets that belong nowhere yet. The pages seem to make a kind of sense when I've finished them. It is a place for my treasures and so important to me that I made one for my mum too. A patchworked cover with pockets for pens and glue and a bird button for the ribbon closure. For me there were chocolates for breakfast, homemade cards and a lovely 'crazy daisy' salad bowl to add to my kitchen treasures!














No comments:

Post a Comment