Wednesday 23 March 2011

Lenten Craft.





This soft cardigan is following me everywhere at the moment. I am feeling the need to use things up, finish projects and shift into another season. So I find myself allowing deep holes to be dug in the garden so I can finish a long yellow row in the sunshine. I spent yesterday afternoon with a friend delving into the recycling bin and ironing plastic bags, drinking straws and Hama Beads between sheets of baking paper for children to make into garden sculptures. We were so delighted with the jewel - like results that we went into a frenzy, hunting around for more scrap plastic, blasting plastic bottles with a blowtorch and melting plastic food trays and lids in the oven- heaven! C is still poorly, home from school, tired and hot but cheered up by making an Easter garden in a big dish with grass seed, baby spider plants and tobacco plant and lobelia seedlings stolen from the window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment