Monday 8 February 2010

Carefree Clothes for Girls








Myrtle hates dresses. Ever since she could voice an opinion she has insisted on (loose) t shirts and trousers; even her toys are boys . But the patterns in this book appeal to her, with their raw edges, loose fit and rolled up trousers underneath. Of course we are not calling them dresses, they are 'blouses'. I'm really pleased with these. I left the sleeves out and they whipped up very quickly and fit well. The green spotty fabric is by Amy Butler and so great was my enthusiasm I cut straight into it. The flower motif is a section of a crocheted doily bought from a jumble sale (the spoils of which I will show you soon.) The turquoise linen is from an adult skirt found in the charity shop and it meets with Myrtle's approval despite its lacy edge that reminds me of a circular tablecloth. This thought has had me sniffing through my piles of vintage linens and old curtains for little pieces. Even a pair of Mr B's trousers had me thinking. Finally Myrtle wants me to make her dresses; believe me nothing is safe..

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you could call these garments 'blesses' - part blouse, part dress! I love the blue one! M x

    ReplyDelete