Friday 15 January 2010

Moving the oasis







Our snowflakes seemed magically, briefly, to restore our dog walking world to shiny frozen white. I finished that hat just in time for another snowy expedition but looking at this photo of it (and many taken of Mo playing recently) I realised how much of his time since Treacle's arrival has been spent above puppy height, sitting up on the kitchen worktop chatting to me while I chop vegetables, standing on a chair 'washing-up' at the sink or sitting in our window with his cars and trains. Its been bothering me that none of his play could be on the floor any more and after two walks in the pouring rain thinking bitter thoughts about the dog I did what I always do when faced with periods of personal crisis; I moved the furniture. I found the play pen we had for Myrtle when she was a baby and used it to barricade a section of the kitchen. Those warm blankets came downstairs for the sofa and with great delight I filled the newly puppy-proofed space with baskets of books and Mo's favourite toys. This has solved daytime play problems beautifully. Now Myrtle Mo and C are scootering up and down in the kitchen with all the lights off wearing head torches much to the dog's loud dismay. Hmm........

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the furniture - and how cute does Mo look in the hat, munching a biscuit?

    ReplyDelete